Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Alert Teachers - Want to goto Bora Bora? Quit and Sell Annuities From Midland

My wife and I have always dreamed of vacationing in Bora Bora (especially after watching the movie Couples Retreat). When I came across the following incentive from annuity and insurance company Midland National I figured out how I could do it. My "School Teacher" wife need only quit teaching and start selling Midland's annuity products. She need only sell $3.5 million in premium to qualify for a trip to Bora Bora.

Next time someone is trying to sell you an Equity or Fixed Index Annuity for your 403(b) program you should inquire as to what their incentives are to sell them.

Of course I was joking with the headline, don't quite teaching to hawk annuities to unsuspecting school employees. This document wasn't uncovered in some secret sting, it was available on the open internet for anyone to seek.



Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP, AIF