Wednesday, November 09, 2005

MSN Money - Teachers' investment plans flunk

MSN Money - Teachers' investment plans flunk

Tim doesn't get an A for accuracy oro balance, but the overall message is pretty good - School Employee Retirement Plans are for the most part BAD and they deserve better.

I continue to see simply eggregious behaviour on behalf of the industry serving school employees and I am sick of it. The self serving behaviour and flat out fraudulent behaviour has got to stop, it risks ruining educator retirements because they lack trust in the institutions delivering the services.

If you knew the things that I knew that went on behind your back you'd be ready to sue everyone in sight. It is high time that somebody stepped up to the plate and cleaned up this mess we call the 403(b). I have a vision for what that clean up would look like, but it will take a lot of hard work and faith for this vision to come true. Over the next 12 months I will slowly reveal my vision. I'd do it sooner, but I don't want to give ammunition to those who want to derail my efforts.

Scott Dauenhauer, CFP, MSFP