Thursday, September 11, 2003

September 11th, 2003

9/11 will be a day I never forget, not unlike most people. I remember waking up with my one month old son and giving him to his mother for his morning feeding (around 6:30am) and then going downstairs to start work. After checking a few e-mails I jumped onto a website to see how the day had started off for the stock market - to my surprise the market had not opened and the headlines read that we were under attack and that a plane had rammed into the World Trade Center. I ran into our living room to turn on the television and watched in horror as the day unfolded, I then ran upstairs to alert my wife as to what was happening. I had spent 3 weeks in WTC tower 2 just a year earlier while doing sales training for Morgan Stanley. I remember the hundreds of people that I met at the tower and feared they were all dead. I later found out that all Morgan Stanley employees had gotten out safely, except for one security guard who stayed behind to make sure there was no one left, he died a hero.

9/11 will forever be etched in my memory. Let us remember our fallen comrads on this day. God Bless.

ScottyD